The president election
- List of the candidates who are running for president
2) According to the Presidential Election quiz, I side With Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. According to the test, I agree with them 97%.
3) Issue: Gay marriage
There are a lot of different opinions about whether Gay marriage should be legal or not. The people who are against gay marriage believe that marriages should be between a man and a woman. Some approve of Civil unions but they do not approve of marriage between same sex. About 96% of the Republicans are against gay marriage, and on the democrat side, there is 6% that is against gay marriage.
4) I do not think that Trump could have been a candidate in Europe. Very few Europeans like trump. According to the Magazine ”Politico” Europeans are obsessed with trump because he stands for everything Europeans love to hate about the USA. I agree with that statement because to me Trump seems like a loud and dramatic person. I do not think that Europe would like him as a leader. To me, his behavior is not suitable for a president and the whole “show” he puts up reminds me of a badly directed movie and it just gets quite comic. I do not take trump serious because of his mean and childish behavior. I could not vote for Trump because of his unsuitable behavior, and I don’t like him as a person or a leader.
5) Hilary Clinton tweets:
“If we lift each other up instead of tearing each other down, there’s nothing we can’t accomplish together.” —Hillary in FL
“Our next president has to bring our country together. We should be breaking down barriers, not building walls.”
I think that those two tweets were quite motivating and positive.
Donald Trump tweets:
“I will bring our jobs back to the U.S., and keep our companies from leaving. Nobody else can do it. Our economy will “sing” again.”
“Ohio is losing jobs to Mexico, now losing Ford (and many others). Kasich is weak on illegal immigration. We need strong borders now!”
These tweets symbolise some of the things that Trump stand for. For example preventing illegal immigration.
6) The images for the democratic and the republican party is an elephant and a donkey.
The Elephant is the image of the Republicans and the Donkey is the image of the Democrats.
The “Democratic donkey” was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson’s 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the animal on his campaign posters.
Nast drew a cartoon in which an elephant was portrayed as the “republican vote”
7) The democrats need 2,383 delegates to secure the party’s nomination., while the republicans need 1,237 delegates.
8) In the newspaper “New York post” Trump is portraited as quite aggressive and Clinton is portraited as unstoppable. “The Washingtonpost” portraited them neutrally.
9) If i was an american i would vote for Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders according to the test i took, and based on what i have learned Today. Because of Trumph i now have a pretty bad impression of the republicans.